This weeks moment-to-share blog is brought to you by… *drumroll* Sumaya Omar.
Author: Sumaya Omar, Ottawa-ON
Hello Everyone! My name is Sumaya. I’m from Ottawa, ON and in my free time I do nothing but
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a certain amount of pages/ a chapter?
- Do you eat or read while reading?
- Multitasking: TV or music while reading?
- One book at a time or several at once?
- Reading at home or everywhere?
- Reading out loud or silently in your head?
- Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
- Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
- Do you write in your books?
- When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?
- What is your best setting to read in?
- What do you do first – Read or Watch?
- What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
- Do you have a unique habit when you read?
- Do book series have to match?
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? I read for the most part in my room, either on my bed or my desk or even the floor but on those rare occasions that I go with my book out of my room then I go with it to the living room couch.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? Bookmarks cause those random pieces of paper always get lost and I have to find out where I left off. However on occasions where I lose my bookmark, post-it notes become my friends.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?I would say I can just stop reading but my conscience wont let me. I always have to finish after either a chapter ends or after an even number of pages, I know I’m weird there’s no need to mention it, don’t blame me.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?Eating or drinking while reading is the few things I’ve sworn to myself to never do while reading cause it always ends up disastrous one way or another so if I’m hungry, I’ll go get a snack and resume reading after I’m done.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?Music, yes. TV, no. I get so distracted when there’s a TV playing infront of me it’s not even funny and even with music, it has to be something like classic music and never upbeat songs.
6. One book at a time or several at once?If I’m reading the books on my phone then I change books when I get bored of the one I’m reading but if I have the physical copy then that’s the only beauty my eyes are for and no one else.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? Is this even a question? EVERYWHERE OF COURSE. There have been so many cases when books and music have saved my life. For example in awkward situations where I’m unable to make conversations with people so I just pull out my book and BAM! my life is saved.
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head? I only read out loud when there are people talking and I need to concentrate on my book by hearing my own voice. But normally, I read silently in my head.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? I only read ahead and skip pages when the characters (especially ones that are shipped *if you get what I’m saying*) are frustrating me beyond my comprehension or even when I’m experiencing some serious case of second-hand embarrassment so I skip pages to relieve myself of that pain.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?If you’ve read my recent post, my Reader’s Confession Tag, you know that I’m unable to stand the thought of ruining a book. The mere thought is agonizing so I cannot break a spine of a book. Keeping it new is more like it.
11. Do you write in your books?Again, I consider this ruining books so NO, I don’t do it.
12. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?On busy days, I read when I get the chance. On holidays, all the time. But if I were to pick a time, I’d say the afternoons and night cause that’s when I’m most active. Not a morning person, so night is the best time for me.
13. What is your best setting to read in?When I’m cozy on my bed with my bedside lamp on and it is raining with some soothing music playing. Gosh, I can already imagine how beautiful that would be.
14. What do you do first – Read or Watch?In most cases, I only ever watch the movie before reading the book if I don’t even know it’s book-based except for the 5th wave that I was so frustrated because I hadn’t read the book yet so I just watched the movie cause everyone said it was so cool and it was worth it. So yeah, reading first.
15. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book? If it comes down to preferences, physical books all day everyday.
16. Do you have a unique habit when you read?Not that I’ve noticed, no.
17. Do book series have to match?My conscience kills me every time that I get a book series that don’t match so they absolutely have to match.
So that marks the end of this post. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. What type of books do you read? I would love to hear what your reading habits are! Both good and bad, I won’t judge 🙂 Have a good day.
Till next time,