Hi Young leaders out there!
We are so excited to have you here. Moment to Share is our blog page. We want to hear what is happening in your area. You can talk about on behalf of any of your experiences. It can be a social justice issue, it can be about your hobby, it can be your opinion piece, anything that makes you unique. Make sure to be YOU!! We celebrate diversity and differences, but also you can give us idea on what we should bring to the table next!
The following tips can enhance your blog writing experience:
- Your blog is about a moment or a story from your life which can be regarding mental health, bullying, poverty, education, women’s rights, anything that you are passionate about. We encourage you to use “I” or “We”, we want to hear your story or experience. Be genuine and be YOU!
- Your blog can be informal and simple. The blog should sound like you are speaking to your friend. Remember, your audience is your peers and you
- Your blog post should be the length that works for you: The blog posts should be as long as you need them to be to convey your message. There should be a simple, but bold message per writing.
- Your blog should be respectful of others: Please be mindful! Remember, the blog posts are being read by thousands of Canadian youth across the nation. Everyone has their own experiences and own beliefs. Please make sure to respect everyone’s opinion, beliefs and values. Please don’t target anyone or use any harmful or hatred word.
- Confidentiality is important for you and us: Please don’t share anything personal about someone without their permission. Please don’t share anything personal such as your home address, credit card number, SIN card number etc. You may share your name, age and what part of the world you are from, if you are comfortable to do so.
Please feel free to use any visuals to enhance your message. It can be a photo that means a lot to you or even a sketch of something that reminds of something particular.